- ROSEHIP OIL - Rosehip (Rosa canina) oil is well known for its prevention of long-term skin damage. It contains trans-retinoic acid which is unique and may be the constituent that is so effective on the skin. Rosehip oil can be combined with macadamia oil for stability and even better hydration in body and facial care products.
- DRIED AND COLD PRESSED - Aura Cacia Rosehip Oil comes from Chile. Though native to Europe, Rosa canina was introduced to Chile in the 1800s and rapidly naturalized in the southern Andes. It now grows throughout the region and harvested there for 100 years. The harvest season is short but intense. A special tool and protective clothing are used for harvesting the hips from the thorny bushes. Harvested hips are dried, seeds are separated and ground up before being cold pressed.
- ETHICALLY MADE - Aura Cacia Rosehip Oil is not tested on animals, and contains no synthetic colors or fragrances. Aura Cacia Essential Oils and mists are completely paraben and petroleum free.
- PURITY TESTING - Gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS) testing is the primary way to ensure an essential oil is an unadulterated, true botanical. All Aura Cacia essential oils are GC/MS tested.
- ABOUT US - Aura Cacia was founded 38 years ago on pure essential oils and true aromatherapy benefits. We partner with suppliers to source high quality botanicals and rigorously test every batch to ensure purity. We then provide premium products with consumer safety at the forefront. And importantly, Aura Cacia is part of a member owned co-op that puts people and planet ahead of profits.
Aura Cacia Organic Rosehip Skin Care Oil, 1 fl oz