(IN EACH FLUID OUNCE):Permethrin 280 mg (1%)PURPOSE
: Lice treatmentUSE:
treats head liceWARNINGS
: For external use only
Do not use
• on children under 2 months of age
• near the eyes
• inside the nose, ear, mouth, or vagina
• on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes.
See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you are
• allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic episode.
When using this product
• keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel
• if product gets into the eyes, immediately flush with large amounts of water
• scalp itching or redness may occur
Stop use and see a doctor if
• breathing difficulty occurs
• eye irritation occurs
• skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
• all household members should be checked by another person for lice and/or nits (eggs)
• use a magnifying glass in bright light to help you see the lice and nits (eggs)
• use a tool, such as a comb or two unsharpened pencils to lift and part the hair
• look for tiny nits near the scalp, beginning at the back of the neck and behind the ears
• small sections of hair (1-2 inches wide) should be examined at a time
• unlike dandruff, nits stick to the hair. Dandruff should move when lightly touched.
• if either lice or nits (eggs) are found, treat with the creme rinse
•wash hair with a shampoo without conditioner. Do not use a shampoo that contains a conditioner or a conditioner alone since this may decrease the activity of the creme rinse. Rinse with water.
• towel dry hair so it is damp but not wet
• shake the bottle well
• completely saturate the hair and scalp with the creme rinse. Begin to apply the creme rinse behind the ears and at the back of the neck.
• keep the creme rinse out of the eyes. Protect the eyes with a washcloth or towel.
• leave the creme rinse on the hair for 10 minutes, but no longer
• rinse with warm water
• towel dry hair and comb out tangles
• if live lice are seen seven days or more after the first treatment, a second treatment should be given
• remove nits by combing the hair with the special small tooth comb provided. Remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove), or cutting the nits out.
• use the nit comb provided and make sure the hair remains slightly damp while removing nits
• if the hair dries during combing, dampen it slightly with water
• part the hair into 4 sections. Work on one section at a time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours).
• start at the top of the head on the section you have picked
• with one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair.
• use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nits
• clean the comb completely as you go. Wipe the nits from the comb with a tissue and throw away the tissue in a sealed plastic bag to prevent the lice from coming back.
• after combing, recheck the entire head for nits and repeat combing if necessary
• check the affected head daily to remove any nits that you might have missed
• read all the directions and warnings in the Consumer Information Insert before use. Keep the carton. It contains important information.
• store at 20 to 25°C (68 to 77°F)INACTIVE INGREDIENTS:
abies balsamea (balsam canada) extract, anhydrous citric acid, butylparaben, ceteth-10, cetyl alcohol, ethylparaben, FD&C yellow no. 6, fragrance, hydrolyzed animal protein, hydroxyethyl cellulose, isopropyl alcohol, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, stearalkonium chloride